Fresh Homemade Chimichurri
The perfect accompaniment to a succulent steak, chimichurri is a popular Argentine BBQ sauce consisting of a range of fresh herbs and spices, mixed with olive oil and white wine vinegar. Here's our favourite recipe.
- 280ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli
- 3/4 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- Pour the olive oil and white wine vinegar in to a bowl
- Finely chop the garlic, herbs and spices and add to the oil and vinegar mix. Stir well and leave for at least 3 hours to allow the flavours to combine.
- Use either to baste meat over the BBQ or add a couple of teaspoons to the top of the meat prior to serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.