We love to cook up some pancakes at the weekend as a breakfast treat, especially over a campfire. The difficult thing is deciding on the filling! With Shrove Tuesday coming up, we wanted to share our favourite pancake recipe.
You'll need the following ingredients
- 2 cups of plain flour
2 tablespoons of caster sugar
2 - 3 cups of milk
1 tablespoon of oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
Here's what to do
- Add all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- Add the eggs and mix with the dry ingredients until it resembles breadcrumb
- Pour in the milk a bit at a time and mix until a batter consistency is achieved (pourable off a spoon but not too watery)
- Add the oil and vanilla and stir well
Add a drop of oil to the frying pan and pour enough of the mixture to cover the base of the pan once swirled around.
Fry both sides until even golden brown patches appear. Flip it a couple of times if you are feeling brave. This does not enhance the flavour but is very entertaining!
Serve on a plate, add the filling and roll up. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
Try one of these top toppings on your yummy pancakes
- The Classic English: squeeze quarter of a lemon over the pancake and sprinkle with sugar
- The Classic Canadian: top with fried bacon and drizzle with Maple syrup
- Chocoholic's Choice: melt chocolate pieces in a bowl over some boiling water on the hob and then spread on an unrolled pancake. Roll up the pancake and drizzle more chocolate or cream on top for good measure. Dust with icing sugar.
- Healthier Option: squeeze lemon juice over the pancake, lay some strawberries or raspberries along one side and roll them up.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.