Deliciously Refreshing Homemade Lemonade
On a hot summer day, there is nothing better to quench a thirst than ice-cool homemade lemonade. Made with fresh lemons and a twist of lime, this refreshing drink is a firm favourite!
What You'll Need
- 280g of sugar
- 120ml of boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
- 355ml of fresh lemon juice
- Half a lime
- 1.2 litres of cold water
- Lemon slice to garnish
You can also use this as a mixture for cocktails, add it to gin or vodka for added punch! You can also vary the amount of sugar if it's too sweet/bitter. This lemonade recipe is also great for pouring in to lolly moulds for frozen refreshment!
Here's what to do
- In a heat-proof bowl, mix the sugar and boiling water until the sugar has dissolved
- Stir in the lemon juice, the rind and the cold water
- Pour in to a jug and chill (out of fridge until room temperature and then in fridge).
- Service over ice and with a twist of lime (to taste). Garnish with a lemon slice.
Top tip: if you want to be able to vary the strength of the lemonade, follow the method above but don't add the cold water. Without that, you are left with a syrup which is a concentrate of the lemonade, so you can add to a glass of cold water a bit at a time to control the strength of the drink.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.