Delicious Apple Crumble Recipe
With apples coming in to season at this time of year, we wanted to share our favourite apple-based recipes with you! Here is how we make our delicious apple crumble......
What you'll need
- 5 or 6 large cooking apples
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 150g of plain flour
- 120g of brown sugar
- 120g of butter (cold from the fridge)
- A handful of oats (optional)
How to make it
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4)
- Apple Mix: Peel, core and dice the apples and place in to a pie dish. (The apples should reach to about one inch below the rim of the dish so add more apples if needed). Sprinkle the sugar over them.
- Crumble Topping: Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Chop up the cold butter and rub and pinch it all together until the mixture forms a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add more sugar or a bit more flour if the mixture seems too wet
- Spoon the crumble topping over the apples. You could add a handful of blackberries or a pinch of cinnamon over the apples before the crumble goes on top for a bit of variety
- Place the dish in the oven for 45 minutes or until the apples have softened and the crumble has browned
- Serve with cream or ice cream
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.