Add a touch of the Mediterranean to your BBQ this summer by serving up some delicious chilli calamari!
- 500g of calamari (tubes work well or you can substitute with whole small octopus)
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 250ml Teriyaki suce
- Half a teaspoon of paprika
- Half a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated ginger
- 2 small red chillis sliced thinly
Cut the calamari tubes in to rings. You can leave your mini octopus whole if using those.
Wash well and dry with paper towel
Take a container with a lid (tupperware is perfect) and combine all of the ingredients apart from the calamari. Stir well
Add the calamari to the mix and replace the lid. Shake well to ensure the calamari is well coated
Place in the fridge overnight to marinade (or at least 4 hours if eating the same day)
When ready to cook, drizzle some vegetable oil on to a very hot griddle on the BBQ.
Turn frequently for 2-3 minutes until cooked through but still tender
These are delicious on a bed of salad or as appetisers with a chilli or garlic dipping sauce.