Baking Banana Bread On The BBQ
Love baking and outdoor cooking? Here's a great recipe for a delicious banana bread to bake on the grill. A cast iron tin like the Petromax Loaf Tin is perfect and best used on a well-insulated ceramic BBQ for a consistent, indirect, heat throughout the bake. Here's what to do:
What you need
- 113g Butter
- 64g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 192g Flour
- 0.5 tsp Cinnamon
- 1tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
Fire up the grill to a medium heat of 180ºC.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Crush the bananas and add them and the eggs to the mix and stir well.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and stir slowly in to the mix.
- Add the vanilla and mix together just until combined - don't overmix.
- Use a pinch more butter to grease your loaf pan and then pour the mixture in.
- Bake on the grill with the lid closed for around 1 hour. Test with a skewer or knife by inserting it in to the cake and seeing if it comes out clean. If it does then the cake is done!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.