There is so much choice when it comes to vegetable kebabs combinations. Before preparing them, we find ingredients chopped in to pieces about one inch thick work best as they tend to shrink a bit on the grill and having them too small/thin means they tend to dry out more. Another top tip if you are using wooden skewers is to soak them in a tray of cold water for about half an hour before loading them up with veg and cooking.
Here are a few of our favourite vegetarian kebab options to try this summer
- Courgette, red onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and carrot (pre-boiled). Glaze with a marinade mix of 1 tablespoon of honey, grain mustard and oil.
- Halloumi cheese, red pepper, courgette, cherry tomatoes. Drizzled in olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Sprinkle pine nuts on top when serving.
- Mushroom, red peppers, onion, butternut squash. Drizzled in olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Chopped corn on the cob (1 inch think slices), red onion, courgette, asparagus (1 inch lengths).
- Olives, green pepper, Halloumi cheese, cherry tomatoes
Please send us your favourite combos (firstname.lastname@example.org) as we'd love to try out new ones!