BBQ Lamb Chops
Lamb is a favourite on the BBQ because, cooked correctly, if remains beautifully tender and juicy thanks to the fat content and tastes amazing with a good marinade. Here is one of our favourite lamb marinades to try out this summer.
What You'll Need
- 4 lamb chops about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 60ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
What to do
- Mix all of the ingredients except the lamb in a bowl
- Lay out the lamb chops in a flat dish and pour the marinade over the meat, ensuring that both sides of the chops are covered
- Cover with cling film and allow to marinade for at least 2 hours before cooking
- About 20 mins before cooking, bring the chops out of the fridge allow them to come up to room temperature
- Place chops on a hot BBQ for about 3 - 4 minutes on each side depending on how well done you like them
- Set aside to rest for a couple of minutes before serving
These are delicious on their own or served with a creamy mint sauce on the side. To make the mint sauce, blend together 250g low fat natural yoghurt with a handful of fresh mint leaves, 2 tablespoons of sugar and the juice of half a lemon. When the mint leaves are well chopped, pour in to a ramekin to serve.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.